View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 02:14 PM   #15
mencio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M (F95) LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_X5MC View Post
I agree that the car is a little muted, but the X5M is designed to be a sports car packed into a SAV. I believe the goal may have been to make it fast and sporty, but not obnoxious. The people who gravitate to these cars may have children or work at jobs where they don't need to bring attention to themselves or set off car alarms in the office parking lot.

If you want something obnoxious get an M3 or M5.

I have catless downpipes on mine and the sound is insane, but sometimes to I do miss the subtler tone and less attention.
I do agree with your comment, and yes generally the X5M audience tends to be more mature. BUT why is it that Mercedes for example can still produce an S63/S65 or a GLS63 that can be BOTH civilized and turn into a much better sounding V8 when opening the valves?

Why can't BWM have an option to say, fully by-pass the silencers at the press of a button? I mean there's an option to change how hard the brakes work (Presumably for track use?) but the exhaust button is no where near the same as the one in say a GT350 or 911 GTS. Even better, why not offer an M-Performance titanium exhaust for the X5M like they used to or like Porsche or Audi does?

Anyway got my secondary downpipes on the way and hopefully that will keep me happy for a while and spare me from having to buy an 5-10K exhaust.