07-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #48
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
Are there other cleaner examples for sale ?
That's the point; refinished this, replaced that, is not representative of $120,000 clean. It's hard to understand why plastic fender well trim parts need replacement and the plastic splashield? The fenders are refinished after just 8,000 miles in 32 years? I had an E30 for 18 years and 250,000 miles and never even removed those parts. The BAT listing offers no real explanations as to why the splash shield was replaced and the fenders refinished and the plastic wheel well covers replaced. Odd parts to replace just due to low mileage and age. I can see the other repairs are age and low mileage related as they are the OFHG, oil pan gasket, crank seals, etc. And a new throwout bearing and clutch fork? Especially the clutch fork? Sorry, that makes no sense unless it rusted out after 32 years. I could see the throwout bearing due to age, but the clutch fork; hummm. The replacement muffler looks like it has a BMW stamp on it, but based on the realoem schematics, its clamps are in the wrong place. Maybe the schematic is inaccurate.

If I was gong to bid that kind of money I'd want to have specific details on all of that.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-16-2020 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0