10-06-2020, 06:49 PM   #114
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
brake dust?? OMG all my M3s for the last decade have been dust monsters not to mention the infamous heat shield problem where rocks would kick up and get stuck between the heat shield and rotor and cause a SSSSQQQQEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee every time the brakes were applied. and no, they never fixed that at least across the e9x and f8x I've had!

do i sound stressed about that?
I had plenty of brake dust with my X3, after washing it, the dust would show again within a five mile ride. Drove me nuts, been that way on all the BMW's I've owned. I said as soon as these pads/rotors wear out, I'm going with ceramic. Problem was, they just wouldn't wear out, the original set lasted 80K miles
So at the 80K mark, I held true to my promise and replaced the pads and rotors, went with ceramic pads. Yes, I lost the initial bite and had to get used to the new feel. They stopped fine but needed a bit more foot pressure but...so little dust that it was night and day. The dust was also a lighter color so it didn't really show like the OEM dust. Then, I sold the car 3K miles later
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50