Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsta101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsta101 View Post
For those of you who live in Wisconsin. I'm thinking of throwing winter tires on. One question I have..

1. Is it worth driving the M3 through the harsh winter conditions?! I have a daily I can drive. But I miss the M3 in the winter and want to have it when it's mostly dry but really cold out.

I plan on keeping the car for a while. 4+ more years. Just wondering if anyone regretted using it in the winter.
Throw some winter tires on it and have fun this winter! It's not a delicate old Ferrari that needs to be handled with gloves and stored in a climate controlled garage! It's a 3 series and they're build to drive!! My opinion anyway.

If it's not going to see much snow, or if the snow it sees is for fun not necessity, I recommend going with Pirelli Sottozero 3's 265/30/20 front and 295/30/20 rear. They'll fit your 666 wheels. If you're going to rely on it for snow driving and commuting you're probably better off going w a square setup on 19's.

But for dry, cold driving and occasional snow I'd stick with the 20's! Just got mine done and I'm pumped for the winter!!
Awesome. I might buy those over the weekend. Tirerack best spot?
Personally, I'd be careful about who installs the tires. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I take my cars either to the dealer or to an exotic Indy that deals will low profile tires on a daily basis. Your run of the mill tire store cranks cars out like a factory and they mostly deal with "normal" cars. I'd have tirerack deliver them to your house and then go to a good bmw dealer or a local Indy that works on legitimate cars.
Appreciate 1