View Single Post
      06-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #50
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

I got the alert yesterday. By the time I had it downloaded on my phone, my car also downloaded it. Today, I got home and decided to go ahead and update the software. It was pretty flawless.I didnt stay around and sit in the car to see what was going to happen. It just told me to leave the key fob in my car, and about 15 minutes later I got an alert on my phone that the update was complete.

Once I got to the car, the main infotainment screen was totally off but the driver's side screen was functioning as normal. But once I started the engine up, the middle screen sprang to life. I haven't driven it out yet, but I got a message saying that idrive was now updated.

Overall I'm very impressed with the whole process. It honestly, wasn't much different than updating iOS. I cant speak for Tesla, but this is a great first step for BMW. Hopefully we can expect more OTA updates as time goes on.

Edit: so the update was supposed to enable a checkbox for the rear taillights to light up during the daytime when the DRLs are on. I don't see any new options for exterior lighting in that menu for the rear taillights to be active when DRL is on. Anyone else?

Last edited by thereef510; 06-16-2020 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0