10-21-2016, 06:05 PM   #16
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yesterday I received the letter below in the mail regarding a new recall campaign for the M2. This has to do with the rear sub-frame bolts, which may not have been installed correctly.

After discussion with my guys, this is unrelated to the rear diff recall and the rear diff bolts that were causing some delays. It is an entirely new issue. According to them, all the MY16's will need to have these replaced and some MY17's.
Not sure, but I was told by my dealer that only cars who previously had the rear diff replaced were affected, and only if the rear subframe bolts weren't replaced as required. Who knows. Previous info in the media said things like "During servicing of the rear differential for a prior service action, the rear sub-frame bolts may have been reused instead of being replaced. Reuse of the existing bolts may cause the bolts to loosen." https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-arti...-vehicles.html

So perhaps it is just a coincidence that I'm a two-time loser. My VIN was on the rear diff was on the Stop Sale list (replaced in early August) and also on the rear sub-frame bolt list (replaced October 12 during 1200-mile break-in service). But I love this car!!!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0