View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #46
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pacey View Post
Thank you, but I don't think I have, at least the ones I could find in your response. You however seem to be ignoring my points. That said, I appreciate your attempt at communicating
I was ignoring your points since they are meaningless at this time. Personally I don't believe you were told that you can make any changes you wanted to after you changed the leather (at time of the change not afterwards when you wanted to make the second change, not sure what timeframe you are referring to) but it makes no difference whether you were or not. At some point in the build process everything would have been locked, that could have happened a few days after your order or a few weeks. No matter what you say to BMW they are not going to change their policy for you.

So the points were:

1. In the future try and not make rash/rushed decisions. Do your due diligence so when the decision is made it will result in the best possible outcome. Obviously in this situation you did nothing close to that. You made a fairly major change one day after you placed the order and then three weeks later wanted to make another change. There is no excuse for that, it is just poor planning/thought process/indecision etc. If it sounds like I'm picking on you I guess I am. You are coming off as a bit childish blaming others for a situation you ultimately caused.

2. Just cancel the order and move on. Why give yourself the grief of trying to change a policy that is not going to get changed? You and your wife will never truly enjoy the vehicle, the color will always be a sore point with you. Given this market it is likely the dealer will sell yours and give you another allocation. Even if you lose the $2k, that is a small price to pay for alleviating the unhappiness/dissatisfaction you will have as long as you have that X5.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 10-09-2021 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: timing clarification
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50