02-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer-Bimmer View Post
I was driving my 2020 X5 to a tennis match this morning. After turning at a light, an alarm went off... Because I had tennis shorts on, I had my wallet, keys, and iPhone all in the same pocket. Evidently, this caused the car to think that it was being driven with no key in the car. Pulling the key out solved the problem.
Perhaps with all the things you had stuffed into one pocket...maybe a button on the remote fob was being pressed and caused the alarm to go off....and not so much the car thought it was being driven without a key. Once the engine is running...as long as you don't attempt to lock the vehicle with the remote fob outside of the car...it will run with no problem until you run out of gas or shut the car off using the START/STOP button.

Does the G05 remote fob have an alarm button (like the F series BMWs)? If it does, if you press and hold the alarm button...the alarm goes off (under certain circumstances).
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-24-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0