View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
dminahan
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

Question about maintinance plans

New BMW owner and not sure I fully understand the prepaid maintenance plans. I did try searching and did not find a match yet to explain and it was not clear from the graphic on the BMW website.

So when I bought there was the option to extend the 3yr/36k maintenance to include brakes and wipers for a set cost. I did purchase that.

The graphic lists:

* Ultimate Care Oil Services (3 years for BMWs that have reached 60 months or 60,000 miles for $199
* Ultimate Care Scheduled that seems to go to 5yrs/75k miles and shows a price once I pick a model
* the tiers for +1, +2, +3, +4 that can take me out as far as 7 years, 125k miles it looks like and I assumed that was an extension of ultimate care + that I had purchased the upgrade and included brakes for applicable tiers. What does it cover that the Ultimate Care Scheduled does not cover up through 5 yrs/75k miles if it does not include brakes?

Are these related to different model years? So what is the difference and are brakes only ever included with the 3 yr/36k mile extension that you can buy for $700 and never covered after that?

Mercedes prepaid maintenance was a more simple model, I felt, so I do not understand the difference. I was getting quotes and heard that brakes are only covered in the 3 yr/36k mile extension that I already bought.

Can anyone clarify what these 3 things are then? And I thought I was told I can incrementally extend the maintenance coverage. So is the cut off for extension before the service is due?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0