11-16-2018, 04:30 AM   #82
Beefcake
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e (2021) / 428i (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Nice speech. BMW has a history of doing what BMW chooses to do. Theatening to not buy their product doesn't even make them flinch. They know their customer base has wide-ranging tastes. Heck, we can't get agreement on any design topic on this forum. For each enthusiast that hates something, there are 10 that love it or don't care one way or the other. BMW's not going to shift their design strategy based on some forum guy pissing up a rope. Getting together to teach them something is a fantasy.

So, while I personally don't care for the back seat design on the G05, I love the car and I'm looking for the best color and best leather option to minimize what I don't like. As shown in the photos, some seats look better than others. I'll just find one that is acceptable to me.

If you decide to skip the G05 because of the rear seat design and buy something else, that's entirely your choice. Just remember when you see a G05 on the road, there's a chance you will say to yourself, wow, that's an awesome car I passed up.
I'm not saying don't buy, I'm saying don't accept that quality and the BS explanation 'It's by design'...

I'm waiting for the 45e anyhow.

But I will for sure put on paper, signed by the dealer, that I will not accept the car if it it delivered with wrinkles...
That's not the quality I expect from a 100K car. sorry, my 100K is precious to me, so no compromises.

and that's what everyone should do.
this way you can put pressure via the dealers, who will definitely put pressure on BMW itself.

sure we cannot expect BMW to listen to someone complaining on a forum... (although they do listen to comments on forums (e.g. new 3-series design was based on many complaints on forums))

And, no worries, you can yank the chain of the new guy anytime ;-)
Appreciate 0