Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Hm. Did you select that exact interface in the Bimmercode setup before trying to connect? Is the car on (sorry)? Did you select G05 X5 when connecting? iOS or Android? Airplane mode with everything except Bluetooth off? Bluetooth on?
Thank you LEXX.

iOS.

I was able to code some of the features like 5 blink turn signal,Alpina in instrument cluster etc. this morning. After doing all that I updated OBDLINK to 5.5.0 version and after that I tried to code again and since then the app is keep telling me connection error.

All the coding was done with engine running if that's make any difference. I have tried to code with engine running and off. Even tried with pushing the ignition button on without pressing brake paddle. When I try connecting the app. with engine off and as soon as I select X5 on the app instrument cluster comes on by itself and i get connection error. I have deleted bimmercode app. and reinstalled it just to see if that would help but nothing is working. I'm sure I am not doing something right but I just can not pinpoint what it is.

I have 03/2020.40

My apologies for long post.

UPDATE

Just received an email response from Bimmercode.

Hi,
this is a problem caused by the latest OBDLink firmware. Please contact OBDLink support for a solution. Downgrading the firmware will work most likely.

I'll downgrade firmware and try again later this afternoon.
I did upgrade the firmware to 5.50 and had the same issue. Also had issue connecting to OBDLink app had to factory reset and then downgrade to 5.40

All works fine with version 5.40.
Stay away from 5.50.
Appreciate 2
Habsone73.50
LexxM31698.50