View Single Post
      01-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbowles3 View Post
After 6 weeks and an hour on the phone with Connected Drive and BMW Genius, my Connected Drive App and in car features are finally working. I thought I'd share some lessons learned.

1. If you are trying to add your car to the app, and it says that it is sending a verification code to the car, don't bother. Call the BMW Connected drive number. According to Connected Drive, this is not the way the G05 connects. Since you login from the car, the verification code thing is not applicable. For me, it meant that my agreement was not set up properly. Once they resolved that, my car showed up in the app without need for a code to be sent to the car.

2. Don't delete your car from the app. If you do, it resets the service agreement somehow. Then you will need to call (see #1) to reactivate.

3. At multiple times, they had me:

a. Reboot the idrive (by holding the volume button for 20 seconds until the screen went blank).
b. Update the apps in the car. From the apps screen, press left on the idrive until "Installed Apps" is highlighted. Press the "Options" button on the idrive (by the big knob). Select "Update Apps".
c. Delete the app from my iphone and reinstall.

4. Make sure after doing all of this that you have "agree to all" checked in the data privacy screen. After updating and after refreshing my agreement, it unchecked.

5. After doing all of this, they had me leave the idrive to "rest". I kid you not. They wanted me to shut down, lock the car, and walk away for 20 minutes. Apparently this gives the car time to update to their network.

After doing all of this, my remote horn, lights, lock, unlock, 3d view, and remote start works like a charm.

I hope this helps anyone else who is having trouble.

JB
JB,
Thank you for sharing this. Things feel like things are finally starting to settle down a bit with the CD app issues. I picked up my car last week and the app has been working flawlessly. It was cool to be able to see my car in the airport parking lot when I was halfway across the country. It's nerdy I know. I used it for a practical application just last night: pouring down rain trying to find my car in the airport parking lot, I flashed the lights. Boom.
Appreciate 0