02-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
I was at a dealer the other day talking with them about a Performance Center Delivery or a dealer delivery. We discussed several points but it ended when we got to the dreaded topic of. .. . wrinkly rear seats.

Bottom line: they told me that if I choose PCD, I must fully pay for the car/sign all the paperwork, before they would order it and certainly well before I would be at the Performance Center to pick it up. Therefore if I did not like the rear seats, I would be stuck.

Who disagrees with this and why?
For custom orders with either delivery to your dealer or PCD, I've only provided my dealer a $500 deposit, signed custom build sheet confirming options and purchase order confirming agreed upon sale price/discounts. This has been my experience for the past 20 years of ordering and leasing BMWs.

As you know, builds can take 1 to 2 or more months to complete and you shouldn't making paying anything in full or monthly payments on a vehicle that needs to be ordered or hasn't been delivered.

You do need to finalize your lease or purchase contract in order for your dealer to send a vehicle release authorization to PCD. This is usually done 1 to 2 weeks before your delivery and travel date. The dealer will provide you with temp tags and registration and you'll handover your tags to the delivery Genius. You'll also need to make sure to provide proof your new vehicle has insurance coverage.

When I picked my X5 at PCD after 12 weeks since ordering it (IW with NB took extra time), the rear seats were extra wrinkly. I was hoping for tight not too wrinkly seats given the length of time it was ordered - but in the end I chose to be ok with it, it's a lease.

Got lucky with my F15 rear seats, not so with the G05. Otherwise solid build, no squeaks, no rattles, quiet, drove straight, no iDrive gremlins, excellent detailing and delivery prep,

If there is an issue, don't hesitate to bring it up with your delivery Genius - they'll work with you to get it resolved.

Appreciate 0