View Single Post
      04-20-2022, 03:12 PM   #12
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

I exchanged my UK 2018 X1 (F48) 1.5 Ltr X-Line auto (41K miles) a few weeks ago for a new 2 Series Active Tourer auto box (U06) 220i Luxury. Again with the 1.5Ltr (now mild hybrid) 3 cyl engine.
Initial impressions after c600 miles are very favourable.
The car handles very well, equal to the X1, is quieter on the road, more comfortable and with the Mild Hybrid aspect, quite noticeably more economical, averaging 54+ mpg on a 50 mile run last week. I think that's not bad for a new engine.
A massive plus is that it has the adaptive LED headlights, which gave amazing performance in the dark drive home, with no other car flashing me for the use of selective main beam. I think this came as part of the Tech & Comfort packs included with the car.
Another feature is that the interior has more room than the X1, despite slightly smaller external proportions. Luggage compartment is same width/height, but approx 5cm shorter. I am, though, still able to get my battery powered Motocaddy golf trolley, clubs and shoes etc in without sliding the rear seats forward or tilting them up. I do have to take out my golf driver, fairway wood and umbrella, but stack them on top of the trolley/bag and can still close the tailgate.
Appreciate 0