View Single Post
      01-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #5
ahero4eternity
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Yeah, not for a little while, though, just doing digital IR with my self-modded D5100 if anything lately. I like shooting color slide film in medium format although I sold my medium format a while ago when I needed cash. Develop all film myself including color slide.

The REASON I shoot film is because even 35MM has great resolution and dynamic range compared to consumer digital. It's also kind of fun to develop and look at the slides.
Developing slide is something I wish to learn. I've been shooting film off/on for about 6 years - primarily B&W that I develop myself, occasionally color and slide that I send to my local camera store.

I primarily shoot MF because I like the ergonomics of TLRs - have a Rollei 2.8E and 3.5E, Hassie 500c/m, and Mamiya C220/RB67/M645. I use the Rolleis the most.

When it comes to 35mm, I stick with my Leica M3/M6 or Contax G1, but mostly the Leicas as I like the ergonomics and "rangefinder experience."

For me, it's not really about the resolution. I just like the, as you can guess, ergonomics of older, especially full mechanical cameras. It's more about the journey than the destination. I find modern cameras boring to use, but every film camera I've used has it's own character and quirks, which I find fun.
Appreciate 0