View Single Post
      01-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #6
ahero4eternity
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I used to shoot a lot of film, and still have a few old Nikon bodies and lenses. I got a Nikon D300 a few years back and love that I can shoot all day long without the concern of running out of film. I think I still think like a film guy, I can get more out of film but I think I'll stick with digital given the cost of developing.
I shoot digital purely for convenience (as I'm sure many, like you, do). I don't necessarily mind the monetary cost of shooting film, but the time it takes to process and scan can be a burden. I like developing, but I HATE scanning.

When it comes to digital, I shoot with Fujis (X Pro1/X100s/X-T1) and a Leica M9 when I feel like it. The Fujis have completely replaced my full frame Canon setup. They're not quite on par with DSLRs yet, but they are damn near close and it won't be long until mirrorless becomes the future (IMO). The dynamic range and ISO performance of my Fujis far surpasses my old 5D mk2.

I've toyed with getting back into DSLR, but I feel too touristy lugging one around everyday. The Fujis and Leicas are just smaller, lighter, and easier to be a part of my EDC.
Appreciate 0