View Single Post
      04-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #723
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Alright so I have been getting a lot of things taken care of around here.

We had new windows and a sliding glass door installed. They are from a company here called FHIA (florida home improvement associates). The windows are PVC and the glass is laminated (impact) double pane, argon gas filled, with LOE-366 and NEAT coating. Because the laminated part isn't their top of the line thickness (thinner is cheaper but still does the job) they can't technically say the windows are impact. But they will hold to 140 MPH.
The house is a lot quieter and cooler now. Before these the house was rocking single pane no coating aluminum windows from 1999.

Here is the sliding glass door. Now this is impact. Florida code is changing. I'm technically on the coast and the code is moving to impact for sliding glass doors.

This is one window I had the style changed on. This was a double single hung but I wanted more of a crisp clean view out the bedroom window.

Today we have stucco guys out to fix the bottom trim of the house. It's rusting everywhere and I also have a hole in the back of the house where you can see wood. (thank you stimulus check for allowing me the possibility to get this fixed)

I'm going to start redoing the baseboards. It has the traditional style that looks wavy. Thats the best way I can describe it. I'm changing to a more modern style which is pretty much a 1x4. The bedrooms were done when we did the floors. I just never caulked the joints till the wife and I worked in the fish/snake/workout room.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00