View Single Post
      08-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
KParks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, 530e

Most (and least!) important options for MY23

Have a mid-September build slot for a 45e (hopefully shouldn't have any issues getting delivery before year end even if things get delayed a little bit to still get the full tax credit!) and my first time ordering custom.

Are there any particular options that people view as "must haves" or "safe to avoid" in the current set of choices? A few of the ones that I'm particularly wondering about (or already set on):

Parking Assistance Package - Live in LA so this is a must have for me, have an older version of it on my X3 and my wife has a new version on her 5 series.

Driving Assistance Professional Package? - This is one I'm particularly on the fence about as I'm not sure what it has/doesn't have vs standard safety features? Also, does this require Executive Package?

Wireless Charging - At first was excited by this one, but the more I read about it seems like BMW's implementation is spotty at best so maybe one to skip?

HUD - Sounds cool, but as a dedicated Apple Carplay user (lets be honest, a major reason I want to trade up from my X3 to an X5 is to get Apple Carplay after using it in my wife's car regularly) my understanding is that this doesn't do much when in Carplay.
Appreciate 0