07-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #48
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Because it's interesting, unique, isn't even a privacy threat in the first place, and can be removed at any time if I want to including by myself if I really needed to.

This is a nerdy tech thing and totally optional. Choosing to get, or not get one of these things has no bearing whatsoever on future state privacy incursions. On a related note I don't see how you can stop the almost foregone conclusion of privacy being eliminated in the future, even by extreme or unusual means. The world is too complicated now and in the long run we don't stand a chance of standing in the way of our own technology. Even if that's wrong, some people getting upset about a corporate chip implant for the cafeteria is still just misdirected anger that accomplishes nothing.
Best reason you have for inserting a chip in your body is it is "interesting" and "unique"? Seems very trusting and it takes more than this for me to get involved.

You may have decided it doesn't matter to you but putting a scan-able chip in your body further reduces your privacy.

We go along with the other privacy issues because we decided the benefits outweigh the negatives. I have yet to see a benefit to the chip that would have me consider it. Making checkout at the cafeteria simpler doesn't matter to me.