07-27-2017, 07:16 AM   #58
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
How are you going to disappear, exactly? In any case I can forsee that would actually require you to ditch the phone, you would probably be a specific target. You would effectively be living as a fugitive, and really, the life of a fugitive has been shitty for over 100 years in countries like the USA. How do you expect that to go these days or in the near future? It would be shitty and the odds are very much against you. Do you really think you have the skills to live as a fugitive? Unless you're already a successful (and likely punished) criminal, you do not. Be honest with yourself about what you can do.

And if you think you can ditch your phone on a whim and disappear, that really depends how hard "they" want to track you. For example, what is your plan to deal with cameras?
It'd be fairly simple to go off in the mountains and pretty much become "non-existent" to the outside world. There is so much untouched land in the United States, you could disappear in a couple hours drive. I don't really think that's living as a fugitive, but more or less living off the land. Although, being a fugitive sounds pretty exciting. It's fairly simple to live off the land, not everyone is worthless without modern conveniences (although the majority are).

I've never seen a camera in the woods. What's your next brilliant question?
Appreciate 0