09-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #80
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Well, you see how all the slower cars are on the right? It doesn't work like that everywhere 😂

Two places come to mind immediately. Egypt and Mexico. Go drive there and tell me if it's even possible to go 60 mph on their roads let alone max speed, lol. They have no laws they drive anywhere in any direction at any given time. Nobody knows left is to pass right is for slower moving traffic. The street might be 2-3 lanes but there will be 4-6 cars crammed into a 2-3 lane road.

Okay fine, not as developed all over (and yes, plenty of places in these countries that are developed but not everywhere) like Germany, Canada, US et all. Same thing. You see how the slower moving traffic was in the right lane? Yeah not in North America nor will they get out your way.

However, I am super envious of your roads and no limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
100%. Just so many things like people speeding the fck out of parking lots and cut off traffic only to slow down right after. Or assholes cutting off merging lanes last minute even though they are a few cars back. Or people not knowing where they want to go and just going from left to right across a few lanes without signaling. And of course the going 55mph on the freeway and not moving out of the way despite all the cars having to go around them.
I'm back in the States now after spending a few years in Germany. The biggest reverse culture shock was how unpredictable the drivers here are, and how less than half of the population will get out of the left lane!

It drives me nuts. People can't be bothered to check their mirrors, move over, use blinkers, look both ways before turning and such. But as soon as you try a zipper merge, they are guaranteed to accelerate and not let you.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 3
shoei7779.00
3.0L8944.00
Dang3r12512.00