View Single Post
      05-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #34
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
No.... nothing like that. But.... the folks that are going to tune my car will provide before and after dyno readings. They have done an M50i before: 530 hp stock, 680 after tune.

While every car is a "little" different.... I expect mine to read almost exactly the same. If it reads a few hp higher before tune..... then I have no other explanation but the removal of the charcoal filters.

https://www.br-performance.be/en-be/...51-xdrive-m50i
Know those numbers are crank and literally no one in the tuning world speaks crank. Second, every single motor is different. Some produce more hp and some produce less. That "little difference" can be substantial sometimes. It would not be a logical conclusion to assume removing the filters specifically caused different numbers than quoted on another car.

The only true way to tell is to dyno the car with the filters and then dyno it again without. That would show you if this actually helps anything. My guess is that it does, but without numbers, it is speculation.

I am excited to hear what you think about you get the tune done. I am frustrated right now because all flash tunes that I have inquired about thus far require a bench flash. RK and DME said the same thing. That means if you take your car to the dealer and they do a DME upgrade, then you need to pull the DME out again and send it to them.
Appreciate 0