View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 02:27 PM   #11
4ML INC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 45e 2022

Thanks for such a detailed response. I really appreciate that. I’ve a few questions if you don’t mind answering.

I was curious why to use strip wash on a new car that’s coming straight from factory. As I mentioned - the dealership is not to wash or prep the car - so it shouldn’t have any wax or sealants to be stripped.

I’m def. skipping claying and polishing.

So, if I understand it - your steps will be:

Foam cannon and rinse (with strip wash shampoo)
Then Iron remover (before hand wash)
Then 2 bucket hand wash (is this also with strip wash shampoo)
The IPA solution (paint prep)
Then use temporary coating like Turtle wax hybrid flex as my coating and drying aid and keep applying that once every month.

I do take care of my cars but sometimes work can be insane and then I like to spend whatever time I’ve left with my 18month old. Does the temporary coatings provide same kind of protection but for way shorter time? Is that the only real difference? Of course I’ll be washing my car at least once every 2-3 weeks minimum. Probably more after snow/rain but if it’s not too dirty - I plan to wash every 15-20 days regardless.

So far - these are the products I have purchased:

Koch-Chemie - pH Neutral Pre-cleaning/Foam Cannon shampoo - which I plan to use for my 2 bucket wash as well.
Griot's Garage Foam Cannon
McKee's 37 N-914 (this is for Rinseless wash - I will not do rinseless per your suggestion and just do 2 bucket wash - will use it in future washes)
Turtle Wax Hybrid Pro All Wheel Cleaner + Iron Remover (Planning to use it to clean my wheels - and then also use it as Iron remover)
Chemical Guys VRO for tire dressing
Invisible Glass Glass Cleaner Spray
Glassparency Graphene Coating with towels and 3 applicators (maybe I will send this back - and Turtle Wax Flex Wax as per your suggestion)

I also do have:
XTreme Topper - Top Coat (was planning to use it on top of the graphene coating as drying aid and protectant and give it more shine)

Have a tire and wheel brush
Chenille Premium Wash Mitts (3 of them)
Rag Company Guantlet Drying towel (15 x 24 in) (2 of them)
Rag Company Pearl Microfiger Towel (12 pack)
Rag Company Waffle Weave Towel (for glass) (3 pack)

For interior:
Sonax cleaner and conditioner for leather
Carpro Multi-X as APC

Last edited by 4ML INC; 01-29-2022 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Adding
Appreciate 0