03-15-2020, 03:59 AM   #2
Shortyshorty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X640i 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
I'll throw my hat in:

My car came with the iconic glow grille, but I wanted the gloss black.

I got the gloss black from my local dealer, and fitted it but then felt it was all a little monochromatic up front, so I took the gloss black surround and fitted it onto the iconic glow slats. I also covered over the small slivers that are on the active shutters in black so only the slats of the grille stand out.

Bonus - The glowing function still works as that is built into the slats and not connected to the surround. I may have the first gloss black surround Iconic glow.
Hey there, can you talk me through this a bit more. I have riverside blue on order with the 742M black alloys and the silver iconic grille. I thought that silver would 'pop' more than black, but I have also seen it said that you cant get the shadowline iconic grill (I have never understood why?!). I also have blacked out windows (Im in Aus so the shading is quite dark), and I didnt want to go for overkill and look like a drug dealer (lol).

Anyway, keen to understand your process and where you got the parts. I'd private message you, but i cant work out how to do that on this forum!
Appreciate 0