View Single Post
      03-09-2024, 10:12 PM   #1
roryhw
Rory
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Is your M60i vibrating and lumpy at braking between 45mph and 25mph?

M60i owners please let me know if you're also noticing what I can best describe as a subtle drivetrain vibration followed by also subtle but chunky/rough/uneven braking when easily slowing down.

It happens consistently when slowing through 45 and 25mph. Before and after these speeds braking is completely normal. Braking moderately hard kind of hides the feeling and it's much more noticeable in normal gentle and easy driving conditions.

I have also found that if I change the gearbox to (N) neutral, the braking is perfectly smooth as expected. I suspect the above behavior has something to do with the mild hybrid system playing a role in braking but I can't be sure?

Have a look at this review by Throttle House comparing the X7 with the GLS and Range Rover - the guys talk about what seems to be the same thing on the X7 M60i as well.

I'm curious if others are experiencing this and if it's something that can be (or has been?) corrected through a software/firmware update or hardware replacement?

My M60i only just passed 4000 miles and this isn't a new behavior - it's been a characteristic of the day from day 1 but it just doesn't feel right - I've owned BMWs for 20+ years.

Appreciate any shared experiences or advice here. Thanks.

Watch this X7 review from 8:00 into the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuUaXXNgZFI&t=470s

Last edited by roryhw; 03-09-2024 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0