View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #72
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbischoff View Post
I pulled the trigger on the mesh Sly Bracket. For reference, I have MSport, ACC, Park Assist. Essentially all the options on the front end that limit the location of the license plate.

https://www.slybrackets.com/store/#!...617/category=0

I spent about 30 minutes trying a few positions until I found one that is working really well so far. No proximity warnings, ACC working as expected. Here are a few pics of the process.

1. I used the second honeycomb row from the bottom as I didn't want the bottom bar touching the bottom trim. I also slid the bottom bar as far to the left as possible, about 1/8" from the trim to get it as far away from the ACC sensor as possible.
Attachment 2007349

2. The first time I went through the process I didn't use spacers, then had to take it apart and do it again. The second time, I used the small spacers that came with the kit. This allowed the final assembly to protrude past the trim enough so I could slide the license plate as far to the left as possible. For reference, I used the middle of the three machine screw holes on the bracket to attach to the mesh grill.
Attachment 2007357
Attachment 2007356

3. Next, I attached the final frame piece that is used to attach the license plate. You can tell by the screws at the right and left which screw holes I used. This allows for the license plate to be positioned just below the left parking sensor and not too low to protrude from the bottom of the bumper.
Attachment 2007358

4. Final assembly after attaching the license plate.
Attachment 2007360
Attachment 2007359

You can tell from this profile photo that the license plate doesn't protrude too far from the bumper, but also isn't so close that you risk scratching it at the same time.
Attachment 2007361

Hope this helps someone else. I'm only about 4 hours into usage but no complaints so far.
Good write up. Many will want this info that require front plates. Can you post this in the “Cosmetic Mod” section of the forum for future reference. We are establishing to be our own best authority of G05 information and reference.
Appreciate 1