View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 01:35 AM   #23
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
^ Not correct at all. Demo and loaner cars are not registered and are sold as new cars with all of the incentives available as long as they are under 5k miles. This has been covered here many times and I have personally had it told to me by my sales manager and director of service while discussing their loaners and how they work. Also my brother purchased an X5 that was a loaner car with almost 3k miles on it and all new vehicle incentives were available.

Your X5 example does not pertain to the discussion since that was a sold car, of course it is going to be resold as used.

As an aside, I guess you are about 0 for 2 or 3 today with your advice so maybe want to give it a rest for awhile.
Ah man so rude over the keyboard...I’m sure you're much nicer in person.

While you’re tossing around the facts do you care to share your fine print or is this just from your last boardroom meeting with the executives at BMW?

Since your claiming ultimate knowledge please share the fine print because we can all use it (seriously) - my dealer missed the BMW planning meeting you were at and as I mentioned the websites and details point to dealers for details short of the executive demo program I mentioned. I have the same conversations that have explained otherwise (not the details of registration but much lower mileage limits).

It’s gonna come down to the fine print which as I have mentioned seems to point back to the dealerships not your buddy...or your brother. Maybe it’s a state by state thing (referring to the dealer based incentives; not being a jerk). And from there a dealership to dealership since they are privately owned. Good for your brother tho - that’s awesome! As for my car, in either case they would be reversing the purchase...maybe that wasn’t clear.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50