02-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Niagara Falls.....seriously though, my wife and I did a bicycle tour in the South of France, it was fantastic. I wasn't sure when she suggested it, but it was the best holiday I've ever had.

First two honeymoons were to the Caribbean and they were ok, but that's something you can do anytime.
We're looking for more of a beach vacation, but thanks for the feedback. I'd like to go to Niagara, but not at this time haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Just booked our honeymoon to Fiji. With a layover in LAX our 4:55pm flight arrives in fiji 4:40am +2 days. Our 8 days turned into a 5 night vacation.

Last year our trip to the maldives was longer due to the 6 hour layover at Dubai. If you never been there I highly recommend it. The waters and the over water villas are the best in the world.
Damn that is a lot of travel time. So bottom line it's worth the distance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I'm in a pretty similar boat, wedding is in April. We wanted to go somewhere fun and somewhere she hasn't been before. Were thinking Italy, Hawaii, Aruba, Turks, but we didn't want to spend 2 days traveling.

Ended up booking a place in Cozumel, all inclusive, a little over $200 a day. Flight will be short and cheap, it'll be a nice place to relax, and since her family is from Mexico, and I can speak a good bit of Spanish, it'll be fun. I know you said you've been there a ton, but FOR US, we didn't think the long travel times nor the expensive prices were worth it, at least not currently.
I'm in complete agreement with you. My fiance on the other hand is not. I think the longest travel time she's had in the air is only 6 hrs to Cali. I don't think she understand that after traveling 20+ hrs you are worn out and it sucks lol.

I have enough flyer miles to cover 1 round trip anywhere in the world, so would just have to pay for the other ticket. Then a lot of the places we are looking are around $500/night for all-inclusive. It's a little more than what I want to spend, but arguing the financial side of things never works out for me. That about all I think about and she is the opposite. Probably be looking at around $6,000 after nights, flights, food/drink to and from.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50