03-03-2021, 05:38 PM   #18
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Having status definitely pays dividends when traveling. Ever since I got TSA Pre-check and CLEAR I never have issues. I know better than to try and bring beverages though because they'll give you that "WTF do you think you're doing?" look for sure.

Getting Global Entry for international travel is nice as well. You have to go through serious background checks to get it though. I have a buddy who can't get it because he has a shoplifting incident on his record when he was a teen, or so that is what he told me is the reason he can't obtain GE. That is outrageous and I'm skeptical about that being the only reason.
^This 100%

I have Global Entry and have never been stopped... in the US. In 2019 I was flying from Amsterdam to JKF and noticed that my boarding ticket had "XXXXXXXXX" on it compared to my buddy's. The counter did not say anything when I asked. After getting through security fine, I was actually stopped at the gate along with a few others and had to undress right there into my underwear! It was pretty uncomfortable, but at least I got to board first. Those Europeans are odd!