View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 02:11 AM   #72
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Sorry, but you are not fair as you present only a side of the story.
- EV produces twice the pollution just by being manufactured and needs few decades to rune FREE OF TROUBLE to prove enironmentaly firendly.
- efficiency is one thing, pollution is another. The mining sites that provide the lithium are a trauma to this planet. Scars that can never be hidden. In top of that, the hundreds of ha lakes of acid that are being lifted by evaporation and carried over agricultural sites destroying the food and carrying toxines in in ocent bodies is not mentioned by you.
- the ethical mining of some metals on the back of some poor children or poor people that are desperate for a meal is also not mentioned in your post either.
- the lack of infrastructure for this vehicles and the process that will recycle those batteries and other elements is not mentioned either.
- the toxicity that these batteries provide is not mentioned either.
- the impact of those batteries on the enviroenment is not mentioned, either that the process of recycling them actually involves some evaporation with extremely dangerous fumes for the atmosphere.
- the fact that batteries actually need to breath is not mentioned either. Very few know that hybrid and electric batteries need to breath and that there are some harmful fumes related to this process, and that reflects on the health of the owner.
- the fact that actualy someone can see every move you do, downloada a new software in your car, spy on you, stop your trip or make you dependent on an electric station is not mentioned either.
- the fact that if in a neighbourhood eveyrone will have a Tesla, the grid will be unable to cope with that situation and will colapse is not mentioned either.
- the fact that batteries are half power when super cold is not taken in consideration. That is exactly when you need lights on, heat on, radio on, etc…
- most important, the fact that you are controlled, guided and forced to follow only routes with electric grid is not mentioned either.

YOUR OWN FREEDOM IS AT RISK AND YOU GIVE IT UP FREELY. You actually even pay over 100k of your hard working money to give it away…!

A hydrogen car, salt water car can be a future.
I actually believe that a super clean diesel (done by BMW, Mercedes and Siemens I believe) is a very good vehicle.
It gives you freedom, it has tremendous torque, you get a lot of energy from a tank. My family runs in Europe some diesel cars and one of them takes 3 litres for every 100 km (or around 70-80 mpg).

Please tell me you are just joking with us, please!
Appreciate 0