01-16-2022, 07:09 AM   #84
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
How about a completely different approach to this global warming issue.. For example focusing on a future global infrastructure where people simply do not have to drive at all to get to work. Planned communities where your home is located within walking or bicycling distance of where you work. Remember the satellite graphs of significantly reduced pollution over major metro areas during the height of Covid when nobody was going anywhere? The one good thing Covid taught us was many people can work from home efficiently. I think a lot of that will not go away and people will continue to work from home post Covid and companies will support it to some degree. Think of the billions of miles driven in any kind of car that could be saved. I realize this type of thinking is not the complete answer. Certainly it's going to take a combination of things to save us from ourselves.
Your vision is already part of the plan. The short chain, local economic chain is promoted again.

While until now, global wide chains were promoted by providing subsidies to (polluting) transportations by boats, airplanes and trains. So, we'll have local farmers and market places with local products again in the future.

Also home working got a super catalyst with covid now. It proved that we can evolve towards a more hybrid way of working and avoids most of the commuting during rush hours.
Appreciate 0