View Single Post
      09-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Just an FYI for those looking for financing.

I was under the impression that to qualify for PenFed's promotional rate, you needed to use their car buying service, ie, that you had to purchase a specific vehicle that you were connected with via TrueCar. This was what the PenFed reps told me as well.

I called TrueCar and they had a different story. According to their reps, all I needed to do was purchase a vehicle from a participating dealership that I was "connected with" via the car buying service. PenFed verifies the promotion validation via TrueCar so all I had to do was tell the loan rep that I had purchased via the car buying service, they call TrueCar which will then will confirm that I was indeed connected with the dealership that I'm purchasing from via TrueCar (even though I custom ordered).

I can confirm now that PenFed has approved the promotional rate (0.99%) for 60months.

Hope this helps others because it was very vague (and on PenFed's side, misleading) on how to actually get the promotional rate.

I am now just waiting for 60 day hold period to complete before purchasing next week to get the $3,250 incentive…
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18183.50
XSnake1.50