View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 02:09 PM   #191
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
Hopefully this is better than creating a new thread - but curious, anyone come from an F36 N55 over to the X5 40? My goals are really to get a bit more interior room (especially for the kids in the back), a bit more tech, but maintain as much of that sweet performance as I can.

I'm coming from a N55 F36 that is basically FBO minus upgraded turbo, as well as both a BM3 stg2 and XHP stg2. I really love the thrill of the boost and the spirit of the car, but there are some stuff that is growing on me in a bad way (i.e. oyster interior, bad idea - and cramped space especially after going through a bunch of SUVs for my wife and landing on a Mazda CX90)

Anyway, the x5 40 is the one that i think best fits the budget, as well as providing a damn good engine that I can maintain myself when needed (the v8's are a bear from experience - my dad has owned several 7 series).

Test drive was great, but I'm curious if I'm going to miss out on that "sport coupe" feel.
I can't answer if you will miss it, but you are moving to a totally different vehicle, so it is tough to compare. If you're expecting a sports coupe feel, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Shop for what you need. If it's more space, then get more space via the X5, but don't expect the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 1