View Single Post
      05-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

I recently lost someone close to me to suicide as well.

The first month it's all you can think about. Your job seems like it doesnt matter, any little problems in your life you were stressing about dont matter anymore, theyre all dwarved by this tragedy. Nothing seems to matter except why did this happen, and what could i have done to stop it. Depending on how close you were to the person you might stop eating right, sleeping right.

The second month gets better. You'll start to eat normally again, sleep normally again, but still it is like some of your own life was sucked out of you. Everything that exists is more dull, all your previous problems are now put into perspective. The thought of something like losing your job, what would have been the worst thing possible before this, now sounds like not a big deal at all, maybe even welcomed.

I'm on the start of month #3 now and things are better than ever but it won't ever be the same.

However to blame video games is a bit of a stretch I think. Overwatch is a fun and competitive cartoon shooter game that has nothing to do with suicide. It has a rating of T for teen. There's minimal blood, no really graphic violence besides the characters falling over dead when they are killed.

BlueWhale however is not a "game" its literally a path one chooses to take their own life. You dont take your own life because you play BlueWhale, you play BlueWhale because you want to take your own life, if that makes any sense. At least that's how I understand it from what I've read.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened and if you need anyone to talk to I'm just a message away, and can relate pretty well with my own experience. Things do get better with time, no matter how untrue that sounds right now I swear it does get better.

Last edited by Joebie; 05-15-2018 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
shmad111.50