View Single Post
      06-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #19
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

The troll factor is high (premise: a game, no, a RUSSIAN game designed to "eliminate the weak" killed your nephew, really?) so I'm not even sure if this is a real post, but I'll bite.

A game has nothing whatsoever to do with causing your nephew's suicide and frankly that kind of conjecture is insulting to his memory by not only mischaracterizing the issue but trivializing it. I've seen this kind of thing a lot with families who lose someone to suicide--people always want something easy to blame. The truth is suicide is rarely simple. Your nephew undoubtedly had serious issues you were not fully informed on. Whether these issues were due to visible pressures or purely inside his head is immaterial as there is no difference with regard to whatever suffering he went through. There can also be no doubt that whatever the parents think, they were not sufficiently close or understanding with their son. If they were, there would have been discussions about whatever issues existed well before things escalated to the point of suicide. If anything, THAT should be the teachable moment from this tragedy.

Also, did it ever occur to you that maybe someone who's tired of living and considering taking their own life might consume media that's related? In other words, don't mistake correlation for causation.

Finally, good luck parents on monitoring your kids' online stuff. Ignoring the completely unrealistic nature of that suggestion, most kids don't kill themselves even left to their own devices on the internet. And a helicopter parent nanny is bound to do more harm than good to most kids.
Appreciate 0