View Single Post
      05-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #25
Jesse 135i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Crossfit

I am a crossfitter Have been for 8 plus years. Did not jump on bandwagon like tons and tons of people.

I personally hate and love crossfit!!
So many pros and cons to list out.

In general, I love working out and have tried every work out from football work outs, MMA training, bodybuilding, strength training, OLY lifts, etc. etc. In short, I respect everybody that keeps fit and eats healthy whatever that maybe.

About crossfit and people getting hurt. You can get hurt with any type of weight training. Hell just running all the time can break down knees.
If you go into a weight room with a purpose you can get hurt.

The reason I feel Cross fit "hurts" people all comes down to COACHING. Crossfits methods and programming are so so new.

One example I knew a gym that programming was you must finish every work out. One girl I knew going there was on a work out for 1 hour and 20 plus mins before she finished. Stupid coaching!!

Another example Young guy I know got crossfit certification, opened gym and started programming and training in less that a year. He could barely do all crossfit movements and now he was teaching others how to do complex movements Bad Coach!!

Some bad coaches programming have people just do 1000 snatches, 1000 cleans, as fast as you can. Why! A 36 year old soccer mom who never played high school or any sports at all cant do that!!! Not with correct form.
Not with complex clean and snatch movement.

So many people hate Crossfit because of stories like these, and dont know correct info so this easy to say "people get hurt" all the time. Its bad for you!! When it really comes down to the gyms coaches hurting people.

Of course, a hand full of bad apples, can mess up the whole bunch!!
And hurt alot of people too ha ha ha
Appreciate 0