07-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #867
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
I have to loosen my hip area for about 15-20 minutes before training. Hip tightness is common in males, especially if you sit a lot.

Try looking up Kelly Starrett, he is a mobility and movement guru. I use a lot of his stretches and techniques for mobilizing certain areas. Mostly hips and shoulders.

If your hips are tight I suggest working on the big 3....Psoas, piriformis, and IT band. There are a ton of muscles that attach on the hip. But those 3 for me relieved my knee, hip and low back pain.
This right here. Look up Psoas stretching exercises online. Once your Psoas gets tight, it takes a little while to loosen it back up. But once you do...it's minimal maintenance.

Also you can use a foam roller if you have one for your IT Band....but back before they became popular I used to take a 3" Paint Roller and stick a "medium nap" roller brush on it.

I would then use it to roll-out my IT Bands. I still prefer it today over the foam roller as I can apply as much or as little pressure as I want.