premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Been a while since I posted here, but here's my shit story for the day lol. I met someone on a dating app like 5 months ago. We hit it off immediately, texted daily and had so many similarities it was crazy, literally a perfect match on both ends...

Due to COVID we tried to hold off on meeting to be safe, but this shit ain't fuckin ending ever so I said let's just meet since it's been 5 months now and I know she was anxious to meet too. We met last week, everything went well (walk at the beach) and we were gona meet again but the texting after we met seemed dry as fuck from her end. I felt like she didnt know if she wanted to continue talking to me any further and ofcourse today she texted me that she didn't feel a connection. Why even continue to text me for a week after if you had decided already....?

And that's it... 5 months down the drain. Learned my fuckin lesson to never go that long without meeting someone again. Can't believe it, I was starting to catch feelings for her too. What a complete waste of time. Time to take a break from apps AGAIN.
I suggest you never go that long without meeting in person again. And I don't mean "don't wait 5 months", I mean don't text someone for more than a week or two if you aren't meeting in person.
COVID* worries you or her? No problem, but it means you shouldn't speak until they are willing/able to meet in person.

Even if you don't consider all sorts of dishonest and questionable things that may have passed during that long you cannot escape the "book effect".
The book effect is the rejection you feel when you've read a book and imagined the lead character but then you watch the movie and don't agree with the match.
Doing things over text/email/phone creates a hypothetical person that does not exist. You need in-person feedback from the other party.

*: COVID can be substituted for all kinds of other words and concepts. Bad weather, sprained ankle, tough time at work, busy with exams, etc etc
We did decide to stop texting at one point till we did meet, but we ended up start texting each other a few days after again... I think the way you describe it is spot on, you build an idea about the person based on what you've "read" but in person can be totally different.

But I would add one thing to this, you should in my opinion still give a second meetup a chance/thought after talking for that long. But that's just me...
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11487.00