premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by longm1985 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Unfortunately that's the world we live in, where everyone is trying to date 8 people at a time and most of the times when you get 'rejected' it's really only because of poor timing. One of the other fishing poles caught a fish, probably the wrong one, but it happened right before you were in position.
This happened to my rather reclusive, very nerdy brother in law. He hasn't had much luck in the dating world (a bunch of really terrible exes), so when he found a woman who shared his nerd interests with him (Dragon Ball Z, she's a car girl, video games), he was super cautious but excited. Welp, lo and behold, he was just on one of the other rods she didn't bother reeling in. Turned out she's a virgin and lives with her parents who are the exact opposite politically and very vocal about it than he is, so I have a feeling it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

I, on the other hand, was in a statewide general Yahoo chatroom in 2005. Totally wasn't looking for a relationship at the time, despite being single. Anyway, some hopefully not a bot account popped up and said "I'm bored," so I sent a PM given that 90% of the chat was bots. I liked talking to real people, and I was bored too. I said "Let me save you from your boredom!" Turns out it was a woman 4 years older (I was 19) and after talking and exchanging some info, she's pretty attractive. We start talking more and more, eventually to the point of having 6 hour phone conversations weekly. Eventually, I got the guts to go the 2 hours north and meet her and spend the weekend. We hit it off famously, and she's the one who grabbed me first. I was too afraid of screwing things up, but as I was about to go, she grabs me and lets me know she wants this to be a thing. We have more of those long phone calls, I come back a week or so later, and now we're actually dating. A year later, I moved the 2 hours north, and now 15 years later, we're still together, have an incredibly strong bond, been married for almost 12 years, and have a 9 year old. It's incredible how much one little action (like clicking on an online profile) can completely alter the course of your life.

Moral of my story: You never know how, where, or when that person might come into your life.
Thanks for sharing your story, enjoyed the read of how you and your wife met. I remember being on those chatrooms back in the days as well lol, also if you recall yahoo had those gamerooms and people would talk there too. Eventually you'd add them on AIM or something lol.

You just never know when or how you'll meet that 'one'. Until then, just got to keep doing your part and trying I guess.
Appreciate 0