01-07-2021, 08:55 AM   #7512
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Excellent points made here.

I don't want to get into this too much because it's a public forum, but a book could be written about men, women, men being betas, society's teaching that men should be betas, etc etc.
I have five sisters, three of which are older than me, and I was fortunate to learn that girls have subzero respect for betas.

Men's idea of 'being a nice guy' is completely incorrect.
Some examples of behavior guaranteed to lose girls respect and in brackets how it is perceived by the woman:
-No opinion, on anything, other than whatever she thinks [no backbone, no ideas, no guiding star, no direction in life, a pushover]
-Your hobbies, your friends and your commitments are a distant second priority to seeing/being with her. "I had a track day scheduled for the past six months, but if you are available to meet for a walk in the park I can totally cancel". Um no, how about not cancelling. [Your life sucks and you are desperately looking for a source of entertainment, hoping it'll be her]
-Showing gratitude for being given the time of day. Interest should be a two way street [This guy has nothing going on with girls. If no other girl is interested, why should I be?]
-Have priorities in life unrelated to her/women. Your career, your hobbies, your car, your house, etc. [Ties into the 1st point, you have nothing going on for you]

premier3is if you are afflicted by nice guy syndrome, maybe spend a few days watching Better Bachelor or something. I think almost every guy would be better served by following some MGTOW (Men Gone Their Own Way) until 30 while they concentrate on their career and life, then go into the dating pool.
Exactly. I've watched Better Bachelor's videos. Don't have any complaints. But of all the guys out there providing advice, the one that I feel is head and shoulders above everyone else is Richard Cooper (Entrepreneur in Cars).

He has some sayings which I feel are gold for any man who cares about himself and I wish I had someone like him earlier in my life; as I would not have made many of the mistakes I have made. Here are some of his sayings:

Do the work.
Chase excellence not women.
Women should be a complement to your life not the focus.

Since following at least the above, my life has changed dramatically.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11488.50