View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 10:58 AM   #7517
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
One bad online dating experience shouldn't sour you. Many of the people who are using those apps are only looking for validation, nothing else. Keep this in mind AT ALL TIMES when using the apps.

Maybe she didn't have a physical connection once she met you in person. I'll be honest, that's happened to me before. The girl I met up with just wasn't the same in person and I didn't feel a connection, there's nothing wrong with that, it's a reality of online dating.

All the guys swearing-off dating women forever? You need to grow up, and grow a pair. The men "going their own way" are a bunch of babies who couldn't get laid. Everyone gets fucked over once in awhile, that's how life goes. The best way to get over a woman is get under another one. There are plenty of people out there, and not putting yourself out there is hurting your chances. Don't base your entire life around relationships, but don't be emotionally unavailable either.
Had the same situation on my very first in person date from online dating. Everything seemed to be good when we were online chatting. When we met up in person, I didn't get the same feeling. Added to the fact I felt we were at a speed walking event when we were walking around. I wanted to ask her if she was in a hurry to get some place. Not to mention afterwards, she had brought up politics twice which I wasn't feeling it.

I've been burned pretty badly with my former marriage. But I haven't sworn off women. I've just taken a different tact on how I deal with women. They're not my focus anymore. If I meet up with a woman, great. If not, it's not going to kill me. I took some time off to make sure I got the crap in my head sorted before I decided to try online dating. I also learned to be ok being by myself. When you're making your happiness and purpose in life centered around having a woman, you're setting yourself up for failure in my opinion.

I hit it off with a woman from one of the online dating sites. Everything seemed to line up as if the stars were aligned for us to be together. Then there were issues which came up quickly that were red flags which I would have ignored back in my simp beta years. She broke it off with me and said we can be friends. Fine. I moved on. A week passes by and she sends me a couple of long text messages saying she had time to reflect. I was right with some things I brought up and she's sorry. She's a nice person and I told her that I have no problems being friends but getting back to where we were, I don't know if it'll ever happen again.

I think it boils down to being confident and knowing what your worth is. Another friend stated it well for me about what I bring to the table. He said I have a ton going for me and not realizing it. He said I shouldn't be out earning the attention of women....women should be working to earn my attention. And he's absolutely right.
Appreciate 0