View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
JA06
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40ixdrive

Michelin CrossClimate2 First impressions

Hello folks, just wanted to share my feelings with the Michelin CrossClimate2 as we are getting closer to winter. I had them for a few weeks now.

Background
I bought my G05 CPO late 08/22, it came with the 20 inch 740M wheel along with the Bridgeston Alenza Sport A/S RFT which were actually pretty good tire on dry. However, the very first time it snowed (light snow) the car was ABSOLUTELY undrivable. Inexistant grip and very poor braking. Therefore, I had to start looking for new tires and decided to go with the CrossClimate2. It is good to remember (correct me if I am wrong) that they are the only All Season tires that can be legally considered as snow tires. Michelin is a brand I trust a lot (one of the last thing the French can do right ) and seems to be very popular in the Alps so I felt very confident ordering them.
Had them for 1330 USD on tirerack.

Feeling/Performance

First thing I noticed… HOLY COW these tires are comfortable, they feel much softer than the Bridgestone, much less noise and the ride quality is just smoother in general. However, the driving doesn’t seem as precise as with the Bridgestone, the car also feels a bit slower when punching the pedal. (Probably because these are touring and not sport tires).
So far, I was very impressed by them, they handle very well on snow, and pretty good on dry but a bit lower than the Alenza, seems logical since they are more oriented for winter conditions.

Fuel Economy

I had an average of 23.5 mpg (10L/100km) overall with the Bridgestone and have now dropped to 18mpg (14L/100km)
I will update this as we go through the winter!

Conclusion

The change in tires was definitely worth it. I feel much more confident driving with them!Let’s now see how long they last!
Appreciate 3
Muto102.50
kkpat44.00
cptcolo102.00