Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait What? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuicyYumboYack View Post
Maybe One of the reasons I bought the x5 is because the interior layout and the physical buttons is, in my opinion, really well executed. iDrive 8 feels like a step backwards to me.

[…] Lastly, I absolutely hate the "iPad glued to the dash" look. In the G05 the center screen implementation doesn't look like it was an afterthought, and feels well integrated.
Totally agree with you on all of the above! iDrive 7 is just awesome - the only thing I wish they upgraded is the nav system, which has significant room for improvement. Other than that, iDrive 7 is very capable and has a helpful, mostly intuitive and smooth GUI, IMHO.
I tried to use the BMW nav system when I first got the car, but I found that there were a lot of little things that kept bothering me. TBH I don't even remember what they were anymore, but it made me miss Google Maps so I switched back. For me Google Maps is one of those things where you don't realize how well it's laid out until you use something else.

I know a lot of people also use Waze. I haven't used it but I imagine it's a similar scenario. I just wish the Maps/Waze integration with iDrive was a bit better. For example I really like how the map shows up in the center of the instrument cluster with BMW nav. But I guess you can't have everything...
Appreciate 1