04-04-2019, 06:10 AM   #2328
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Neither do I. If my training partner (who is way stronger than I am) isn't there....I usually look for someone that I have seen in the gym a few times before...and I make sure to ask if he can get the bar off of me if I need it.

But those days are long gone as I don't try to push the weight I used to do just even 5 years ago in exercises that I can't abort on my own.

By the way referring to the other thread....I was able to get the 90's into place for seated shoulder presses this morning....but it was ugly. I left the bench upright, but raised the seat one notch. Swung them up and nudged them with my knees while halfway sliding down the bench like I was trying to setup for an incline dumbbell bench.

The I got setback upright and knocked out my set. Still think I will change the exercise out on my next rotation though.
So you're using an adjustable bench to do your DB presses? I struggle a little more to get the DBs in position on an adjustable due to the height of the back portion. I prefer doing them on one of the fixed upright benches, believe their called a seated utility bench. The back of the bench usually stops near my shoulder blades which allows me to slightly arch my back, also more freedom of the rear of my shoulders. Makes getting them up a lot easier in my opnion because you'll have a little more room to work with.

As far as moving them out of your rotation, I'm a big fan of the hammer strength iso-lateral shoulder press. Not sure if you have one of those at your gym, still able to get a full movement since usually with my shoulder presses I go below 90degrees, meaning at full load my elblows are more inline with my nips then my shoulders. Second favorite shoulder workout after DB press haha
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8221.00