View Single Post
      03-30-2023, 01:29 PM   #44
AloneAlien
Private
Rep
Drives: Buick Enclave, Volvo XC 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
Looks like the new Cayenne has hardware buttons for at least changing the temperature and fan speed.
Just a side note. I have a car with all the hardware buttons on the middle panel. My wife's more recent Volvo has the controls on the touch screen in the dashboard.
Surprisingly I have found that using touch screen while driving for me is more convenient - I virtually don't need to take my eyes from the road, as the touch screen is noticeably higher than central panel of the car. No mater now I try to learn, it still take more effort for me to locate correct physical button without looking at it in the central panel. Well, I can learn to feel the console with my hand, count buttons in my head and finally find the correct one, and use it. But it is really more frustrating than using touch screen located in the field of view without taking your eyes from the road. For me the touch screen in the dashboard noticeably more accessible and convenient than hardware buttons on the central console. Well, may be I am getting old and try to drive more safe
Appreciate 0