View Single Post
      01-11-2024, 10:25 AM   #1
ibuprofen600
Rep
Drives: waiting for X5 45e

Fuel Tank Door Emergency Release

Hi all,

for context (it's the same with the G05)

Wondering if someone has had the same problems I did. X5 45e from November 2022. Last September, on a long trip -of course- I stopped for gas and the button to open the gas door didn't work. I removed the trunk lining and pulled the green wire...nothing. In the end, after a lot of pulling, pushing, and cursing I got the door open, and it worked normally for the rest of the trip, and most times after that. Fast forward to December, inspection came up so I told the BMW dealer about my issue and how the emergency release doesn't seem to be working properly...after some arguing BMW agreed to replace the whole mechanism under warranty.

Fast forward to today, I picked up the car with the new mechanism installed and it's exactly the same: if I don't press the button by the driver door, I have to pull the green wire really hard while pressing the door with my other hand in order to get it open. Cursing is optional but I feel it helps.

According to the BMW dealer this is normal: the emergency release will work well when the door button is pressed, even if pressing the button doesn't get the door to open. I should not worry, and it's normal that the emergency release doesn't work smoothly if the door button hasn't been pressed first.

But I'm worried, because I don't want to be again in the same situation that neither the normal nor the emergency mechanisms work. I do my daily driving on electric mode and I mostly fill gasoline when I do long trips, which are usually over 1.000 kms.

So it all sums up to two questions:
1. Has anyone here had problems refueling?
2. Would someone mind pulling the emergency release of their X5 (without pressing the button first) and checking if it works smoothly like in the video or not?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0