View Single Post
      09-14-2020, 04:09 AM   #5
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I just threw the Race Chip in after the break-in service. This is the first time I'm experimenting with RC. I've been with JB4/BM3 with all my other cars.
The car is otherwise stock, 21/22" wheels, 93 octane.
It did 0-60mph in 3.28 seconds and 1/4 mile in 11.40 seconds. This was on flat, smooth ground. Launch control was very aggressive and had a decent amount of wheel spin off the line. I wish the video had sound to hear the wheel spin but Apple Car Play ruined that.
Also note the 60' time. The best I could get in my F85 (Stage 2) was 1.8 for 60'. That car did 0-60mph in 3.77 sec and 1/4 mile in 11.7 sec.
I was able to get those times stock with the F95.

The car is very consistent with those times...only off by a few hundreds of a second each time (11.40, 11.44, 11.45). I played around with shifting early (500rpm before redline) in first, then second, etc. but the best times were achieved in auto.

One thing to note is that I'm having trouble getting into Launch Control. It doesn't always allow it and I can't figure out a pattern. I'm very familiar with BMW's LC system (had it in 3 cars), but this one seems to have different parameters set up (frequency, engine/transmission temps, etc.).

Have you used the JB4 with this current X5 M? It would be interesting to hear how the two compare.
Does the RC have a CANbus connection as the JB4?
I have an M50i coming soon and was all in for the JB4 but would go with the RC if it were a superior alternative as Piggy backs go. Would appreciate your thoughts.
Appreciate 0