01-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #4
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
I'm curious. what is your rationale behind these instructions? this is my first delivery; picked mine up a month ago and wished they didn't drill the front license plate mount. that trim was a $250 replacement!
A lot of it has to do with the finish of the vehicle. Broke it down below:

1. No front plate bracket install - Like many of us, I don't want holes in the front. I usually put my plate on the dash and though it's technically not legal in Texas, I'll be damned if they put holes in my $80k vehicle.

2. Do not remove white protective film on exterior - I take it directly to the detailer where I have PPF, and ceramic coating done. The protective film helps keep most of the car as protected as possible on the drive over + it visually guarantees they didn't do #4 or 5

3. Do not remove seat covers/interior protection - I like to take these off myself. Just a preference. Plus some added protection while it's at the detailer's

4. No paint correction - dealership paint correction is hit or miss in my experience. Since the detailer will do a stage 1 correction before ceramic, best to not let the dealer potentially screw things up or make them worse.

5. No wash - this is just a standard dealership rule. I literally put a placard in my car even when in for service. The dealer will happily introduce swirls in your clear coat free of charge.

A lot of these instructions come from a desire to avoid swirls. Since I'm always buying cars that are some shade of black, swirls/marring are a major concern to me.

Edit: I realize this may have been a question for the OP and I got trigger happy lol my apologies