General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I got over 100+ customers in F85 X5M alone who bought spacers from me.
Why do you think custom wheel is any better than spacer?
One issue is voiding factory warranty. It's a gray area but a dealer can easily make it a huge issue if you have any wheel bearing issues.
Porsche dealers have done this in the past by stating spacers are changing the geometry and many have chosen not to roll the dice with wheel spacers. This doesn't mean it will happen to everyone but (full disclosure) it has happened in the past. Right or wrong, it is what it is.
True that it is grey area.
FYI though, Porsche offers wheels spacer.
My 997 C4S built with 5mm spacers all around. OEM Porsche spacer and I believe it was manufactured by H&R.

Doing custom wheels where it change the width and offset from stock setup, behaving exactly the same as wheel spacer.

At the end of the day, it comes down to, if you are not comfortable, don't mod.

Even with aftermarket USB power adapter, you are in risk of voiding your warranty. Because it may cause electrical issues.
Corporate tries to upharge you for something that you can buy aftermarket at fraction the price with a warranty scare tactics.
Sometime it may be true, most of the time, they are just trying to dig deeper to your pocket.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0