View Single Post
      02-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Vintage Watches

Anyone here keen on vintage time pieces?

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd wear one on my wrist vs the newer model Rolex and Omegas I have currently, unless the occasion really calls for it, but I love old pocket watches.

And... I was in Prague this last weekend and while walking around near the old Jewish Cemetery, blocks from the new Rolex, Omega, Bvulgari, AP, etc etc. boutiques, I found a quaint old watch shop - one you would imagine from the movies. They had some new souvenir pieces, but the places was ticking with old time pieces.

I have a soft spot for Omegas and saw that the gentleman had about 5 pocket watches near the back of the store and ended up picking one up for about the equivalent of $350.

I immediately took it down the road to the Omega boutique and the AD was thrilled to take out a loop and what he called the Omega 'bible' to authenticate and date the watch.

He isn't a manufacturer, so we couldn't be certain of the complete authenticity/originality of the piece (as it didn't come with papers), but he gave the watch back to me with a smile and said the serial numbers lined up and it looked to be very real and from the 1930s (his exact words in broken English were that he was 'highly optimistic').

Sorry for the long winded story; so are there any other members here with vintage watches (whether purchased second hand or passed down from family members)?

I'd love to hear the stories!
Attached Images

2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5362.00